Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Guest Author, Michelle Moceri


Hi, My name is Michelle Moceri.  I am a medium, psychic and healing practitioner.  Rose asked me to be a guest writer on her blog to help you understand what it is that I do and to talk about mediumship and psychic work, healing energy and a little bit about my background.

I am a medium, which means I have the ability to communicate with those that have passed on.  I choose not to say “dead people” because I know that we really do not die, we just move on into another energy form.  Yes, we leave our physical body, but our spirit moves on.  Your loved ones are still themselves when they cross over, meaning they still carry their personality and essence.  What they don’t take with them is any negativity, hate, sickness and fear they experienced in life.  Many people believe that when the get to the other side it’s all about relaxing and visiting with people that are there with them.  From what they tell me, it is a place for continued growth and healing.  We are souls that are made to learn, grow and evolve, and we don’t stop, it continues lifetime after lifetime.

Some people are born medium.  It is not a class you can take in college or learn on the Internet.  It’s a gift that is usually passed down from the generations, or in some cases people develop this ability after a near death experience.  My grandmother and aunt have this gift but my mom and brother do not.  I have three daughters and they have the ability as well.  As a child I could always sense and sometimes see spirit, but nobody ever told me of this gift, so I just thought I lived in a haunted house.  As I mentioned before, my grandmother and aunt have this, but didn’t want to recognize it in themselves, so they didn’t clue me in on it either.  I had a scary experience at the age of 12 with a spirit, and from that point I said I didn’t want to have this happen anymore, and it went away for many years.  Let me clarify, it never goes away, but I suppressed it and went on with my life.  Through the years I would see things out of the corner of my eye, or feel someone was watching me, and at times, I knew things about people or an upcoming event.  I still had no idea of the gift I was carrying around until the age of 39.  I lived in Michigan until I was 25, moved to St. Louis for 11years, and then landed in Colorado Springs in 2009.  We had built a home and about three months after we moved in, I would hear footsteps around my bed, lights and T.V’s going on and off.  I thought, “Did we build on an ancient Indian burial ground?”  Then I said, “I have to find a medium to tell me what is going on.”  Tami, the medium came into my house, and I explained what has been happening.  Then I say “I don’t know how I know this, but there are two male energies in this house.”  Then immediately I think to myself “Who says “male energies?”  Kind of funny huh?  Tami did pick up on two male spirits in the house, and they told her that they felt invited.  Really??  I don’t remember sending out spiritual invites!  Tami then proceeded to tell me that I have the ability to communicate with spirit and that is why they are here.  So I picked my jaw off of the ground, and ran with this cool notion that I could actually speak with spirit.
I found a great teacher, Stephanie Ezzat, she is a master in her field of medium and psychic work and she is also a master healer.   I completed her two -year program and continue to work with her at her spiritual center in Old Colorado City.  She is a tough teacher and she had to make sure I knew my stuff before she would certify me to work professionally.  I also had the chance to study in England to hone my skill by being around the best.  It was there where I first did platform work. Platform is when we get up on a stage in front of an audience and read somebody.  Yikes! Yes, it is as scary as it sounds.  As soon as I started to breathe and focused in on spirit, a cute little English lady was there waiting to talk with her daughter.

 I had the pleasure of being accepted into a master class with famed medium/psychic John Holland.  Please Google him and read his books and watch his shows on TV.  I was so honored to study with him for that week in Maine.  He pushed all of us to honor our gift and to be of service to spirit and their loved ones.  It was a moment I’ll never forget when I had to do audience readings in front of him.  Luckily, I did well and it was a pivotal point in my journey.  I have since gotten my bachelors in Metaphysics, I am an ordained minister and do Intuitive counseling as well.

I felt drawn to hands on energy healing work.  I studied Reiki healing and I am at a master level.  It is such a beautiful thing.  Energy work is this:  God uses me as a vessel for the healing energy to come through the top of my head to my hands to the client.  I am NOT the healer, I am a healing practitioner.  Big difference!  It’s kind of like mediumship where I am the vessel for which the message goes through.  God, or what ever word you choose to refer to Him, is the Ultimate Healer.

I have witnessed a lot of healing the past two years since I have been doing this.  The angels are always there when I have a client that needs healing.  So, I guess you could say it is a team effort when it comes to healing work! I don’t dictate where or what you need healed, the energy goes where you need it most at that time.  It might be a physical, emotional or spiritual healing that will take place, or all three!

Let’s talk about psychic work.  All mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums.  Psychic work is reading a persons’ energy and aura and seeing things for them that may happen in the future.  A psychic connects to the sitter through their solar plexus (where the rib cage comes close together) so the two are connected energetically.  Where as in mediumship, the connection is from the top of the head to the spirit world.  The medium has to raise their energy and spirit has to lower theirs to make a connection happen.  With me, I do both connections at once because I like to talk to the clients’ spirit guides when I do a psychic reading.

I feel like I could go on and on, so I’ll wrap it up.  One last thing, there are people out there that say they are mediums and psychics, but they are not.  If you are looking to get a reading, go to a person a friend recommends.  Ask about their credentials, where they studied, and for how long.  Ask for references, but most of all go with your gut!   Your inner guidance never steers you wrong.  Ok, I thought I was done, but my spirit guide wants me to tell you this.  “Your answers always lie within you.  Seek guidance by going inward not outward.  When you pray for help, help will be there.  You have to be open to receive and be willing to do the work if that is what it takes to heal and move forward.  Don’t have a pre-conceived notion of what the answer to your prayer looks like.  Just accept it with gratitude.”
Wow!  Wish I could take credit for that, but it is so true.  I tell my clients all the time that you don’t need me to tell you what to do, you have the ability, I just nudge you in the right direction but the rest of the work is up to you.  I’ll end with one of my favorite Bible verses.
Luke: Chapter 17, verse 20-21
“The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation:  Neither shall they say, Lo here!  Or Lo there!, for the Kingdom of God is within you.”


Love and Light,
Michelle Moceri

No comments:

Post a Comment