Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's Not Luck-It's A Blessing!

Sorry St. Patrick-I don't want to steal your thunder, but there is no luck..only blessings! That is my belief anyway. If I thought otherwise, it would be a direct conflict in the statement that God created us all equally, right? We are all blessed-if we woke up today, that's Blessing #1! What we do with the rest of the day, is really Blessing #2, our Free Will.

Now, I will say there is something to be said about the blessings of the Irish. I can remember more than once in my life hearing someone say-God Blessed Irishman! Or something like that anyway..I am just kidding, some of my favorite people are Irish! My daughter's name is Shannon, I love the Irish. But, then again-it has been said, I pretty much love everyone.

I wasn't sure why I was feeling so strongly about the luck and blessing thing, but I am. I know I am blessed with my three Angels and Eight Grand Angels-and there was no luck involved there. I am blessed to have such a loving, understanding family that supports me on this journey. My friends have lifted my spirits on many occasions when I couldn't remember what it felt like to smile. 

Work may not always seem like a blessing, but for me it is. My work family is wonderful. They have always been there for me with care and concern, and a shoulder to lean on, as well as the structure I needed to bring me back into focus when it was time. Talk about blessings!

Neighbors, I have neighbors that smile and wave and always ask how we are doing. We can chat over the fence and if we need each other for anything, we would gladly offer a helping hand. In these times, it is often hard to find close neighbors that care for one another and their pets and children, but in our neighborhood it still exists. Not to mention, on one side of me, lives my daughter, Tina, her husband and my youngest grand Angel. Could I be more blessed? 

Only when I tell you my daughter Kim lives within ten minutes with her husband and four of grand Angels and Jas and my other three grand Angels within ten minutes as well. My sisters and and my brother are all local except for one, and she gets into town at least once or twice a year to visit. The blessings just keep flowing!

That is why I am so convinced it isn't a "luck" thing-it's all about God and His blessings. When our prayers go up, He listens and He cares and He comforts and He loves us individually and as His family He brings us all together and blesses us. Sounds like a fairy tale? He is All Truth, All Light and All Love..and All Blessings!

So, Happy St. Pat's Day-remember to pray because we know the power of prayer and faith as a mother grieves! Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment