Monday, November 26, 2012

Counting My Blessings!

And there are many to count. Beginning with my beautiful family. This past week has been filled with many emotions, smiles and tears. Memories-old and new. I cannot begin to thank my family enough for their love and support. Each and every one seems to understand what I need, when I need it and how to allow me to be most at peace with myself through it all. Their prayers hold me up when I am too tired and forget how much I really love God and all He does for me.

My daughters and  sons-in-law made this Thanksgiving extra special. Being together strengthens me, encourages me, and fills me with pride and love for my children-my blessings. I am so grateful for my girls, but so very thankful for my sons. Their love is so special to me. It keeps me going on sad days when I get a phone call or email for no reason-just an I love you message.

My husband is my rock. He listens without judging and he loves without question. He simply joins me on my journey through this life and together we make the best of what life hands us day to day. He makes me smile and he makes me laugh, and for that I am grateful. He understands my need to remember, relive and recall my time with Shanny. When I need someone to hold me and let me cry-he is that someone, and he always wipes my tears, and holds my hand. We have our ups and downs, but our ups far outweigh our downs.

My greatest joys are my grand-eight. Each one is special to me. Every one has a unique gift that God has blessed them with. I am so very joyful when I am with them. It spills over when I am at work. My cubicle is decorated with their pictures, artwork and objects d' art, created by them and lovingly placed on my shelves or on the wall. I am surrounded with their love. 

And as I count my blessings, I count my friends-who know me, and still love me! Co-workers that I share my work week with, my church family and friends I have yet to meet! I also thank God every day for my Mom and Dad, who raised me with a strong faith, and of course-for Shanny. The reason all this has come to mean so much to me. You see, it was Shanny who has taught me the meaning of Family. Shanny taught me about Faith, and Shanny taught me about being Thankful. 

Once again, the child was the teacher. My girls have always had an impact on me. Kim and Tina continue to teach me about life. Tina perseveres in acquiring a Nursing degree and Kim continues to grow in her career in the Service Industry. It never ceases to amaze me! 

When it came to trying to get a promotion or a new job Shannon always said-Mom, do you really want to do it? Then, do it! Otherwise, quit whining and be thankful for what you have. Smart girl!

And, as always, I will continue to pray-because I know the power of prayer and faith as a mother grieves!

No comments:

Post a Comment