Saturday, November 23, 2013

Giving Thanks

This year, for the first time in the last several years, I am feeling the rush of the holidays. I am getting in the spirit of the season and looking forward to the festivities. I am so thankful to be "feeling" with my heart again, and not just my head.

Looking over the last many months, a lot has transpired. Much to be grateful for in life. My health is holding up, and at 58, that is a lot to be thankful for, it seems. Other than a 'few' extra pounds, I am in pretty good health, needing a little more exercise.

My wonderful husband still makes me laugh and holds me when I cry. I am so thankful for him. He truly understands every facet of my very complex being. And what he doesn't understand, he still accepts. Another blessing for me to count!

Three beautiful daughters, I am always and forever grateful for every day. They have been my blessings from the first day I met each one, and will be until I celebrate life eternal with them all in Heaven. Though, Shanny will not be at my Thanksgiving table, her Spirit is tucked inside my heart and I know her love is with me and the rest of the family when we gather. Our memories are sweeter and she will always be cherished and remembered.

Eight absolutely awesome grandchildren who rock my Grandmotherly socks off! Their laughter, their sweetness, their personalities and the time I share with them is precious to me and they make me feel very loved and very special. I love being able to pretend I am whoever they want me to be, just for a little while, and their world is my world and together we conquer the bad peoples and the monsters. Then, some days it's all about the fairies and the princesses. Sometimes, I am taught about computers and the next the wide world of wrestling. We can make crafts, or watch a movie, eat pizza or snuggle. It doesn't matter to me, as long as we spend time together. I am grateful Shannon never gave up teaching me how precious time was when the kids are young. I was always too busy for a while, working and going to the gym and out with friends. Well, I am thankful I am learning what is really important!

My work. I have been blessed to work with a great bunch of folks and this year, I was given an opportunity to move into another direction within the same organization. I am thrilled and feel very blessed to have been chosen for the new job. I am very grateful for this blessing.

Family~ such a sweet collection of some of the most wonderful people I know. From my sisters and my brother, to my nieces and nephews and cousins. Years past taught me all about Aunts and Uncles and what an important role they played in my life. Then, I had a real awakening in my heart, Thank You, Lord and He showed me how very important my sisters and brother are to me. God is so patient with me. And my sisters and brother, well, I am the baby, so that should pretty much explain it.

Friends are not easy to come by in this world. I have made a lot of acquaintances, but very few real friends. For those people in my life, I am so very grateful. They have seen me at my best, and hung in there with me at my worst. When I needed a shoulder, they have been there and when I was away for almost seven years, my return was greeted as though I never left. I am so very thankful.

And here I am beginning yet another chapter. Recognizing how my life is changing yet again. I feel as if I am growing at the ripe old age of almost 60. God is calling me to speak out  and live my faith out loud. To write about it and to share my joy with others. Our time on this earth is short, we are just passing through on our way Home. Don't we really want to take all our family and friends with us? 

I am thankful God is patient and merciful. He has blessed us again with a world to learn to love each other and Him. To plan our journey and to help others along the way. We have a lot to be thankful for really. Let's begin with each other.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment