Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Grief and Gratitude for the Red, White and Blue

Monday, November 11th is Veterans Day. A day I grieve for many family members and friends who have served in the armed forces and live daily with the aches and pains earned while performing duty for their country. Sometimes, I forget what many have suffered to give me freedom. It shames me sometimes when I see a homeless veteran wearing his fatigues asking for money to buy food. Looking tired and lost, I wonder what happened to our broken system and how we will fix our country and make it whole once again.

I am a dreamer. I truly believe if we could remember our lives as children~the carefree freedom of loving one another without hesitation or fear, we might have a chance at saving our country. Greed seems to have overcome our nation. Power seems to be the prize of the day, and for what I ask myself? Does any of it matter in the end? 

This world is but a resting place, it will pass and all the physical things of this world will be lost. Then what? Will we be able to stand before our Creator and answer for our actions? I know our Veterans will. They serve selflessly, often doing what is not comfortable for them, and foreign in nature to them. But, they serve their country's needs. 

When I look out over the cemetery grounds, the sea of white brings tears to my eyes but on reflection I know they are in the hands of the Greatest Leader they could ever serve, and being praised for a job well done. On their Special Day of Recognition, God really does Bless America!

I just want to take a moment to remember and give respect to all our armed forces and our service men and women who proudly have served and continue to serve our country and keep us free. These are my true heroes, who deserve the goodness of this day and all the blessings it can bring!

God bless you and thank you for all you have done and continue to do. Blessings!

Rose L.

No comments:

Post a Comment